Upcoming Webinars from MSU Apiculture Extension & Michigan Pollinator Initiative
MICHIGAN POLLINATOR INITIATIVE WEBINARs:
Native bees of Michigan: How to identify and support our native pollinators with Dr. Rebecca Tonietto
Thursday, June 17th, 7:00pm Eastern
MICHIGAN BEEKEEPING WEBINARS (Register):
Specific webinar topics will be announced at a later point in time. More information is forthcoming.
Varroa Update with Kalamazoo Bee Club
Wednesday, June 9th at 7:00pm Eastern
- Ask Extension form for questions
- Michigan State University Extension News newsletter (select "Pollinators & Pollination")
- Facebook pages
- Michigan State University Beekeeping YouTube channel
- MSU Bee Blog
- Michigan Beekeepers Association
- Academic papers:
- Varroa destructor feeds primarily on honey bee fat body tissue and not hemolymph by Ramsey et al.
- Accelerated Varroa destructor population growth in honey bee (Apis mellifera) colonies is associated with visitation from non-natal bees by Kulhanek et al.
- Reproductive success of the parasitic mite (Varroa destructor) is lower in honeybee colonies that target infested cells with recapping by Oddie et al.
- Directed evolution of Metarhizium fungus improves its biocontrol efficacy against Varroa mites in honey bee colonies by Han et al.
- Fungus fights mites that harm honey bees from WSU Insider
- Bee Informed Partnership Sentinel Apiary report for MSU Tollgate Farm and Education Center
- Bee Informed Partnership Sentinel Apiary report for MSU Entomology Field Research, MSU Kellogg Bird Sanctuary, MSU Southwest Michigan Research & Extension Center
- Bee Informed Partnership
- Honey Bee Health Coalition Tools for Varroa Management Guide
- Honey Bee Health Coalition Varroa Management Decision Tool
- KeepBeesAlive.org - varroa related resources from MSU Apiculture Team
Michigan Beekeeping Webinar June 2021
Monday, June 14th at 7:00pm Eastern
Michigan Beekeeping Webinar July 2021
Monday, July 12th at 7:00pm Eastern
Michigan Beekeeping Webinar August 2021
Monday, August 16th at 7:00pm Eastern
Michigan Beekeeping Webinar September 2021
Monday, September 13th at 7:00pm Eastern